March Madness by the numbers
Have you filled out your NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament bracket?
• About 50 million Americans annually participate in NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament bracket pools.
• Odds of someone with no basketball knowledge guessing all 63 games in bracket correct: 9.2 quintillion to 1.
• There will be between $80 million and $90 million in legal wagering at sports books during NCAA tournament.
• There will be approximately $2.5 billion in illegal NCAA tournament wagers.
• If all American workers participating in NCAA tournament pools spend an average of one hour working on brackets and checking scores while on the clock, the lack of productivity cost to companies will total approximately $1.2 billion.
Sources: CG&C Inc., ESPN, American Gaming Association