Green New Year
Start 2012 off right with eco-resolutions
With the New Year comes all the hubbub surrounding New Year’s resolutions. Have you come up with your list yet? Need a little eco-friendly inspiration? The folks at Greenpeace have you covered. Here are five of their top 10 green resolutions. Log onto http://tinyurl.com/enviroresolutions for the full list, complete with tips on how to follow through. Happy New Year!
1. Eat less meat: A simple way to reduce your carbon footprint.
2. Take your bicycle out of the shed: You’ll feel better, cut back on gas costs and help the environment.
3. Make your home more efficient: Switch to double-pane windows and pull out the caulk.
4. Keep your electronics for the year: This one’s a toughie—just say “no” to the newest iPhone or laptop; yours works just fine.
5. Take recycling to the next level: Already consistent with cans and bottles? Try rinsing yogurt containers or starting a compost bin.