Don’t get baked
Butte County Public Health’s tips for avoiding sunburn this summer
With summer comes long hours in the sun barbecuing, swimming, hiking and gardening. Keep the following guidelines in mind to avoid sunburn:
• Limit your family’s exposure when the sun is strongest (between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.).
• Apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher 30 minutes before going outside; re-apply every two hours and after swimming, sweating or toweling off.
• Keep babies 6 months old and younger out of the sun entirely.
• Cover up with clothing and hats.
• Wear sunglasses that block UVA and UVB rays.
Source: Butte County Public Health Department