Are you ready for fire season?
CalFire and Butte County Fire want homeowners’ help in preparing for fire season:
• Maintain 100 feet of defensible space around home
• Remove dead vegetation within 30 feet of home
• Trim trees six feet up from ground
• Remove leaves and other debris from roofs and gutters
• Create an emergency evacuation plan
• Use motor-driven yard tools before 10 a.m.
• Use a weed trimmer, never a mower, to cut dry vegetation
• Remove rocks before operating equipment
• Keep equipment in good working order
• Carry a cell phone and call 911 in case of fire