You don’t need to sit in church to practice spirituality
Self-care is described as developing habits that sustain optimal physical and mental health, and according to GoodTherapy.org, spirituality is a component of any good self-care routine. You don’t have to practice a religion or attend church to be spiritual; that’s just one possible avenue of expression. It’s about blending how you connect with people socially, a higher form of yourself and something bigger than any one person. Other ways to express spirituality include:
• Spending time outdoors and connecting with nature.
• Trying to live by the set of values you admire in others.
• Acknowledging what you’re grateful for.
• Volunteering to help people in need.
• Meditating in a quiet room.