The hunt is on
Line your basket with plastic grass. Tie your Easter bonnet tightly under your chin. Program the locations of these free Easter egg hunts in your GPS unit, crank up your patented Ovo-locator, and get out there! Those jelly beans aren’t getting any fresher!
· Old Fashioned Easter includes a parade, prizes and an egg hunt for kids and adults from noon until 4 p.m. on Saturday in Old Sacramento. Call (916) 558-3912 for info.
· Face painting, an egg-decorating contest and 800 hidden eggs await you at 10 a.m. on Saturday at Hamilton Street Park, 4855 Hamilton Street. Call (916) 482-8377 for info.
· The Fair Oaks Eggstravaganza promises an egg hunt for adults and another for children, plus carnival rides, an egg-drop contest, train rides and clowns starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday at Fair Oaks Park, 11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard. Call (916) 966-1036 for info.
· A kids-only egg hunt is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Saturday at Belle Cooledge Library Park, 5600 South Land Park Drive. Call (916) 277-3818 for info.
· The annual Children’s Egg Hunt starts at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Robla Park, 700 Bell Avenue. Call (916) 277-3818 for info.