When to hit the brakes
A few signs it’s time to quit driving
It can be difficult to limit or quit driving, an activity that affords much freedom in one’s life. But there comes a time for all of us, especially as we age, to admit it’s no longer safe to be behind the wheel. HealthDay (www.healthday.com) recently published a list of signs it might be time to let someone else do the driving. Here are some of those signs:
• Getting lost on familiar routes.
• Getting into an auto accident, or nearly avoiding one.
• Taking medications that affect your ability to drive.
• Finding it difficult to read road signs and markings, or finding them overwhelming.
• Driving too fast or too slowly for no apparent reason.