Taking the pulse
Who do your fellow Americans want to be their next president? Well, as of Friday (Sept. 28), Hillary Clinton was the favorite for Democratic nominee, with a 39 percent approval rating among her party’s members, and Fred Thompson led the Republican pack with 24 percent support. That’s according to Rasmussen Reports Inc., which takes polls on pretty much anything you can think of. Here’s a sample of results—see how you fit in with the rest of America.
• 44 % believe health care should be free for all Americans.
• 1% believe the Holocaust is a myth.
• 24% favor a military draft.
• 59% want U.S. troops returned from Iraq.
• 21% say the U.S. is heading in the right direction.
• 24% of baseball fans predict the Red Sox will win the World Series this year.
• 77% support requiring a photo I.D. at the polls.