Every year, the editors of The Futurist give their forecast for the next 12 months, and beyond. Al Gore and Newt Gingrich are just two on a long list of contributors to the bi-monthly magazine about things to come. With 2007 more than halfway over, let’s take a look at a few of their predictions, and what we might have in store.
• Gen Y will migrate overseas.
• China will thirst for water, affecting the global economy.
• Workers will prefer time to money, meaning more vacation time vs. higher salary.
• In 10 years, the cost of global warming-related disasters will double to $150 billion a year.
• Many baby boomers will stay in the workforce past age 65, changing the concept of retirement.
Source: World Future Society