Sweatin’ out West
Chico’s one of the fittest cities in U.S.
A study with some positive results for Chico?! According to a Community Rankings for Exercise study conducted for the Gallup/Sharecare State of American Well-Being index, Chico is the 10th most active city in the country. Here are the top 10 cities and the percentage of population that regularly exercises three or more times per week.
1. Boulder, Colo. . . . 69.6
2. Fort Collins, Colo. . . . 67.9
3. San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles/Arroyo Grande . . . 67.0
4. Greeley, Colo. . . . . 65.3
5. Santa Rosa . . . 62.3
6. Urban Honolulu . . . 61.4
7. Hilton Head Island/Bluffton/Beaufort, S.C. . . . 61.4
8. Anchorage . . . 61.3
9. Clarksville, Tenn./Ky. . . . 61.0
10. Chico . . . 60.9