The ALS rules
1. Don’t always follow the rules.
2. Know that ALS doesn’t always follow its own rules.
3. Remember that I am not the only one who has my ALS.
4. Focus on what I can do, not what I can’t do.
5. Have an agenda for every day.
6. Push my limits.
7. Find ways to laugh as much as possible.
8. Have contact every day with a friend or family.
9. Focus on, and spend time with, positive-energy people and things.
10. Contemplating courage for the rest of my life is overwhelming, but courage for today is possible.