Super ’Baugh 47
Super Bowl 47 pits Jim Harbaugh’s San Francisco 49ers against John Harbaugh’s Baltimore Ravens. Which means it’s the first time two brothers will be coaching against each other in the Super Bowl. In other words, it’s time to root for Jim and the 49ers, since it’s the closest team to Sactown. Anyway, if you’re wondering where (or how) to celebrate the big game on Sunday, February 3, here are a few suggestions.
1. Feast on a nacho and taco bar featuring chicken and carnitas at Mix Downtown (1525 L Street). The 21-and-over event is free, and doors open at 1 p.m. Call (916) 442-8899 or visit www.mixdowntown.net for more information.
2. Harlow’s Restaurant & Nightclub (2708 J Street) will broadcast the game on a 30-foot screen on its patio. Its Super Bowl celebration, which begins at noon, will also feature a special menu, raffles and prizes. For more information, call (916) 441-4693 or visit www.harlows.com.
3. Blue Lamp (1400 Alhambra Boulevard) will host live music during the Super Bowl. Instead of listening to Alicia Keys sing the national anthem and Beyoncé [[[[(lip-sync?)]]]] perform during the halftime show, listen to local rock bands Black Mackerel (at 3 p.m.) and Kill the Precedent (during halftime); there’s no cover charge. Call (916) 455-3400 or visit www.bluelamp.com for more information.
4. Sacramento Running Association hosts a Super Bowl Sunday Run, featuring a 10K run and relay. Registration is already over, but for those who missed the deadline, there will be music, tailgating and a special appearance by Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best. Show up at 9 a.m. for the free event (for spectators, anyway) at Sacramento State University’s Hornet Stadium (6000 J Street). Visit www.superbowlrun.org for more information.
5. Head over to a popular sports bar, such as MVP’s Sports Grill (2110 L Street, www.mvpsportsgrill.com), Bisla’s (7042 Folsom Boulevard, www.bislas.net), R15 (1431 R Street, www.r15bar.com) or Republic Bar & Grill (908 15th Street, www.republicsac.com) to cheer on the 49ers en masse.