Why it’s important to vary your diet
When it comes to your diet, it’s important to mix it up and shoot for a balanced variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy and protein. Here’s why:
• Preventing illness: Nutrition from a variety of sources better equips your immune system to fight off diseases and infections, from cancer to the common cold.
• Controlling weight: Balanced diets decrease the risk of both obesity and malnutrition.
• Promoting physical growth: For children and adolescents, balanced diets help the body function properly as it grows.
• Maintaining mental health: A varied diet promotes brain function, boosts energy, enhances memory and reduces the risk of developing mental disorders.
• Looking better: People who have that healthy glow are probably eating healthy, too.