Pop quiz, hot shots
There’s a lot going on over in Iraq— some of it is drummed into our heads day after day; some of it might come as a shock. Mother Jones magazine created a pop quiz on the goings-on in Iraq since the invasion. In honor of final exams, we thought it appropriate to test fair Chicoans on the lesser-known facts. Good luck!
1. Iran and Iraq are primarily: A) Shiite B) Sunni C) Kurdish
2. There are about 141,000 U.S. soldiers in Iraq. How many private American contractors are there? A) 50,000 B) 85,000 C) 125,000
3. Of the staff at the American embassy in Baghdad, what percentage speak Arabic? A) 3% B) 17% C) 32%
4. How has the number of terrorist attacks changed since the U.S. invaded Iraq?
A) More attacks in Iraq and worldwide B) More attacks in Iraq, but fewer worldwide C) Fewer attacks in Iraq, but more worldwide
5. Which country is building a 560-mile fence to keep out Iraqi refugees? A) Iran B) Saudi Arabia C) Jordan
Scroll down for the answers
Answers: 1. (A) 2. (C) 3. (A) 4. (A) 5. (B)