People of any age can fight pimples
Acne is not just a problem for teenagers—pimples can plague complexions well into adulthood. But there are simple ways people of any age can prevent or reduce outbreaks:
• This one seems obvious, but, like, keep your face clean. Wash gently—don’t scrub—using a mild cleanser and a soft pad, not a rough wash cloth.
• Don’t spend your money on “medicated” over-the-counter cleansers—use “non-comedogenic” or “non-acnegenic” skin products.
• Don’t squeeze, pick or pop pimples (even though you really, really want to).
• Eat a healthy diet that limits refined grains and sugary foods, and try to consume more omega-3 fatty acids from fish and flaxseed oil.
• Limit exposure to the sun. A tan might mask the lesions, but the long-term damage to your skin outweighs the short-term benefits.