On the issues
Audrey Denney’s priorities for California Congressional District 1
• Denney says that, as an educator and a farmer, she is committed to improving the lives of the people of the North State by supporting education, veterans, accessible affordable health care and infrastructure; and ensuring profitability of agriculture while protecting the environment.
• Denney, who grew up on a farm and taught agriculture at Chico State, is strongly focused on agriculture, and specifically the emerging science of soil as a powerful tool for sequestering carbon dioxide and reducing its impact on climate change.
• She also wants to guarantee that all residents of the district have affordable access to health care, and for that reason supports a transition to a “Medicare for all” system.
• The daughter of a Vietnam veteran, she wants to invest in veterans by supporting the VA health care system and providing career and technical education for returning vets.
• She also wants to invest in education, especially career and technical education and workforce development programs.
For detailed position statements on these and other priorities, see audreyforcongress.com/issues.