Hop on a bike
Several reasons to get out of your gas guzzler
Riding a bicycle is beautiful in its simplicity. Unless you’re the Flintstones, driving a car doesn’t give you the same sensation of propelling yourself through space. And here are some other, equally good reasons for riding a bike rather than getting behind the wheel of gas guzzler:
• Cycling is one of the easiest (and least expensive) means of exercise.
• Cycling builds strength and tones muscle. Want nice legs? Here you go. And it’s not just your legs that get a workout—so do your core and backside.
• Cycling is an effective way of building stamina, minus the tedium of a treadmill or elliptical.
• Cycling burns approximately 300 calories per hour. If you ride 30 minutes every day, you’ll burns 11 pounds of fat in a year.
• Cycling 20 miles a week can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by 50 percent(!), according to a study by the British Medical Association.