The stress of holiday gifting
Poll finds majority of people are concerned about spending too much this year
With the holidays just around the corner, Union Bank set out to gauge Americans’ spending habits and shopping plans this year. The recent poll found that 4 in 10 respondents felt pressure to purchase gifts for people they don’t want to, adding to stress during the holidays. Here are some other key findings.
• Half of couples say they disagree on how much to spend on each other.
• 80 percent of people plan to buy a gift for their pets.
• 77 percent are worried about overspending.
• Over half of respondents said they’d rather have their credit cards paid off than the gift of a new car.
• 1 in 5 Generation Zers (born 1995-2015) say they plan to spend up to $500 total on gifts for themselves and their moms.