Think you’re being cheated on? These signs could give you a clue
As testimony to the prevalence of infidelity in our culture, there are dozens of Web sites devoted to giving advice to people who fear their partners have begun to stray. And, alas, studies show that people who harbor suspicions of infidelity are usually right.
In addition to the Internet, the print media routinely offer tips and advice to people harboring suspicions about their partners. Women’s magazines and the tabloids on display at the nation’s supermarket checkout lines nearly always feature articles on how to tell if a partner is cheating.
Among the most commonly listed tell-tale signs are these:
• My husband gives his coworker a ride home from work and he’s been hiding it from me.
• My husband stays out all night on the weekends.
• Some of my husband’s Viagra is missing.
• My husband started turning off his cell phone when I’m around.
• I found a woman’s phone number in my husband’s pocket.
• My husband hardly says “I love you” anymore.
• My husband is very close to his co-worker; they talk all the time.
• Lately, my husband is too tired for sex.
• My husband is always leaving the house to “run errands.”
• My husband stares at other women all the time.
• My husband still has an online profile.
• About once a week, my husband has lunch with his ex-wife.
• My husband always deletes his text messages and phone calls.
• My husband never answers the phone when I call.
• My husband gets very defensive when I mention that some people cheat.
• Recently, my husband changed the password on his e-mail.
• My husband says he is going for a quick drink but comes home hours later.
• My wife is holding back information that she used to share with me.
• My wife is acting cold and distant lately.
• I caught my wife e-mailing someone she said she doesn’t talk to.
• Recently, my wife has started acting more sexual and wants to try new things.
• My wife seems to be pushing me away.
• All of a sudden, my wife has new gifts that I didn’t buy for her.
• I have this gut feeling my wife is cheating and all we do is fight.
• My wife has recently become overly jealous and suspicious.
• My wife doesn’t want to have sex with me anymore.
• My wife has been working a lot and she is never home.
• My wife has been getting a lot of phone calls lately, but she never answers when I am with her.