History feat

There will be a Saturday, Feb. 1, reception marking the start of a yearlong exhibit in the mining museum at the Mackay School of Mines.

Titled “Earthquakes, Chukars and Millionaires: The Mackay Mines Story,” the exhibit will trace the history and evolution of the mining school, including its role in earthquake research—its 1915 seismograph will be on display—and the role of the Mackay family in building up the school. It will be an opportunity for Renoites who may not have even known about the little museum to take a look.

The reception begins at 4 p.m. and is free, though donations are welcome. More information can be found at www.mines.unr.edu/museum/.