A selection of free music events during Artown
· Reno Municipal Band performs a variety of music from Dixieland to Big Band Swing through July, noon Monday through Wednesday and Friday at Wingfield Park Amphitheater, First Street and Arlington Avenue; 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at various Reno parks, 329-7488.
· Beethoven at Bartley series presents classical performances by Argenta Trio, Nightingale String Quartet, Reno Philharmonic’s Great Basin Brass Quintet and pianist Allan Fuller, 7:30 p.m. July 2, 16, 23 and 30. Hawkins Amphitheater at Bartley Ranch, 6000 Bartley Ranch Road, 322-1538.
· Sierra Nevada Master Chorale presents a tribute to American composer Irving Berlin, a “festival of freedom” medley and more, 5 p.m. July 8. Wingfield Park, First Street and Arlington Avenue, 828-4520
· The Note-Ables, a group of adults with disabilities, perform all-original rock, blues and folk songs, 6 p.m. July 12. Riverfront Theatre, 15 N. Virginia St., 353-3599.
· Reno Chamber Orchestra performs pieces by Handel, Britten and Mozart, 1 p.m. July 14. Meadowood Mall, 5000 Meadowood Mall Circle, 348-9413.
· Reno Philharmonic celebrate Silver Legacy’s sixth birthday with a concert of songs from Disney movies and fireworks, 8 p.m. July 20. Outside Silver Legacy, Fifth and Virginia streets, 323-6393.
· Musical theater star Davis Gaines performs American popular songs, backed by Reno Jazz Orchestra, 8 p.m. July 31. Wingfield Park Amphitheater, First Street and Arlington Avenue, 322-1538.